ADELAIDE V SYDNEY TALE OF THE TAPE
* Adelaide 1st 15 wins 4 losses 1 draw 62pts 142.
1%. Assured top-two slot.
* Sydney: 5th 12 wins 8 losses 48pts 123.7%. Top-four dream dashed with a loss.
* Overall head-to-head: Adelaide 23 wins 15 losses
* Swans have won five of past six
* Swans one win, one loss versus Crows at Adelaide Oval
* Crows the top-ranked attack, 113 points a game
* Swans the top-ranked defence, conceding 75.7 points a game
* Crows ranked first for contested possessions, Sydney fifth
FIVE KEY DUELS
* Daniel Talia (Adel) v Lance Franklin (Syd). The Swans superstar is a long-time tormentor with 51 goals in 16 career games against the Crows. Talia is among the best stoppers in the business but has been hampered lately by groin soreness.
* Josh Kennedy (Syd) v Hugh Greenwood (Adel). The Crows reckon they have got their own Kennedy in ex-basketballer Greenwood — they’re almost identical size and weight. Can the Crows apprentice shade the Swans master?
* Eddie Betts (Adel) v Nick Smith (Syd). The Swans defender has been able to keep Betts quiet frequently in the past. And the Crows goalsneak is in a bit of a trough, only eight majors in his past five games, including twice being kept goalless.
* Heath Grundy (Syd) v Taylor Walker (Adel). Adelaide’s captain has been growing in influence after a mid-season slump — he’s not only booted 48 goals but has a league-high 29 goal assists. Big job for the wily old Swan.
* Kurt Tippett (Syd) v 50,000 spectators (Adel). Oh boy. Do Crows fans still remember how Tippett walked out on Adelaide at the end of 2012 — and the ramifications. What’s the adjective for beyond hostile?